How to Apply
The audition is in two parts:
- complete an online application (see details below)
- a final round
For the final round, 24 applicants will be invited to audition in New York City on January 12 and 13. The live auditions will be held in the morning.
Timeline for Application Process
October 1, 2013: Applications will open online
November 9, 2013: Applications close at 11:59 EST
December 14, 2013: Applicants will be notified by email if they are invited to the final round
January 12-13, 2014: Final round of auditions in New York City.
February 1, 2014: Notification of acceptance into the program
Auditions and Applications
Applicants must be between the ages of 23 and 35 during the dates of the Seminar (May 19-24, 2014) to apply
- Video recording of 2 contrasting, contemporary, American Art songs (at least 1 must be by a living composer). These must be submitted as YouTube or other hosted links.
- Essay (500 words max) that addresses the following:
- What does art song mean to you?
- What important or influential experiences have you had with art song?
- What are you seeking in a musical collaboration?
- What contemporary American composers works do you feel particularly drawn to and why?
- Resume, pdf format
- Complete Repertoire List (Include works performed and works studied. Indicate works performed with *), pdf format
- Headshot, pdf or jpg format
- 2 Letters of Recommendation, pdf. (may be sent separately)
- Singers: 1 from a voice teach or a vocal coach; 1 from a pianist with whom you’ve worked or collaborated
- Pianists: 1 from a vocal coach and 1 from a voice teacher or singer with whom you’ve collaborated
Recommenders: Please click HERE to read requirements for the letters of recommendation
- $40 application fee. Please follow instructions carefully once you reach the end of the application to complete payment.