How to Apply
The audition is in two parts:
- complete an online application (see details below)
- a final round
For the final round, 24 applicants will be invited to audition at List Hall, Metropolitan Opera, Lincoln Center January 14 & 15, 2013. The live auditions will be held in the morning.
Timeline for Application Process
September 1, 2012: Applications will open online
November 11, 2012: Applications close at 11:59 EST
December 14, 2012: Applicants will be notified by email if they are invited to the final round
January 14-15, 2013: Final round at List Hall, Metropolitan Opera, Lincoln Center
February 1, 2012: Notification of acceptance into the program
Application requirements include
- Resume, pdf
- Complete repertoire list, pdf (Include works performed and works studied. Indicate works performed with *)
- Headshot, pdf or jpg
- 2 video performances of an English art song performance. One piece must be by a living composer. These must be submitted as YouTube or other hosted links.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation, pdf. (may be sent separately)
Singers: 1 from a voice teach or a vocal coach; 1 from a pianist with whom you’ve worked or collaborated
Pianists: 1 from a vocal coach and 1 from a voice teacher or singer with whom you’ve collaborated
- Recommenders: Please click HERE to read requirements for the letters of recommendation
- Essay, pdf (500 words) Please include all of the following in your essay:
a. What does art song mean to you?
b. What important or influential experiences have you had with art song?
c. What are you seeking in a musical collaboration?
d. What contemporary American composers works do you feel particularly drawn to and why?
- $40 application fee. Please follow instructions carefully once you reach the end of the application to complete payment.
Applicants must be between the ages of 23 and 35 during the dates of the Seminar (May 20-27, 2013) to apply